US16LA Ejection Seat for T-6 Texan II
The JPATS (Joint Primary Aircraft Training System) is designed to train students in basic flying skills and is common to the U.S. Air Force and Navy. Designated the US16LA, this lightweight ejection seat is designed for training aircraft, such as the T-6 Texan II.
It optimises the pilot field of view, improves comfort and pilot efficiency, and provides increased reliability and maintainability.
With the Mk16 lightweight low-speed seat, ejection performance is optimised throughout the escape envelope, from zero height at zero velocity in a near level attitude through to 370 knots. It is designed to accommodate a very wide size and weight range.
The T-6 Texan II is currently operated by 7 different countries. These include Canada, Greece, Iraq, Israel, Mexico, Morocco and USA. Since the first JPATS delivery in 1997, over 1,600 seats have been delivered worldwide. A total of 11 aircrew owe their lives to the US16LA JPATS Ejection Seat.
Here’s what some of our ejectees had to say about our US16LA ejection seat:
“I would like to extend my gratitude and appreciation of your equipment, as I personally feel that it saved my life.” – 2nd Lt. Francis D. K. Lessett, T-6 Texan II, US16LA ejection seat, 2nd April 2010.
“Thank you so much for your outstanding work! Every person I know is thankful!” – Nicholas Brumgard, T-6 Texan II, US16LA ejection seat, 24th September 2010.
- Operating Ceiling: 50 000ft (15,250m)
- Minimum height/Speed: Zero/zero in near level attitude
- Crew boarding mass range: 62.3 to 123.0 kg
- Crew size range: JPATS multi-variate body size cases 1 to 7
- Maximum Speed for ejection: 370 KIAS (aircraft limit 316 KIAS)
- Parachute type: GQ Type 5000
- Parachute deployment: Cartridge initiated
- Drogue parachute: 5 ft
- Drogue deployment: Cartridge initiated and deployed
- Harness type: Torso
- Ejection seat operation type: Ejection guns and underseat rocket motor
- Ejection gun: Twin
- Ejection initiation: Handle on seat bucket initiates gas operated seat firing system
- Automatic back-up unit: No, manual override
- Electronic sequencer: No
- Barostatic time-release unit: Yes + g-restrictor, cartridge initiated
- Timers: Time delays in sequencing system
- Seat adjustment: Up/down actuator operated 28 Vdc
- Arm restraints: No
- Leg restraints: Yes, two garters
- Oxygen supply: Bottled emergency oxygen
- Personal survival pack (PSP): Yes + automatic deployment
- Aircrew services: Connection to emergency oxygen supply
- Command ejection: Yes, via Interseat Sequencing System (ISS)
- Canopy jettison: No
- Canopy fracturing system: Yes
- Interseat Sequencing System (ISS): Yes